Location: Mahadevapura, Bengaluru - India
Experience: Should have 2 - years of experience.
Education Qualification - Graduation
Admissions Counselor Responsibilities:
- Assisting students in universities, colleges, and high schools to help them prepare for, select, and get into schools.
- Highlighting the benefits of specific schools, programs, and courses in order to attract students and encourage diversity on campus.
- Helping students choose courses and extracurricular activities that will help them get into their chosen colleges or careers after graduation.
- Staying current with school admission processes and requirements, school programs, majors, and courses, and developments in education and financial aid.
- Organizing recruiting events and representing schools at college fairs, high schools, and other promotional opportunities.
- Conducting interviews, reviewing application materials, and assisting in the admissions decision making process.
- Arranging campus tours and conducting information sessions.
- Developing and maintaining an active alumni network to plan events, help students find opportunities in their fields, and obtain funding.
- Maintaining accurate and current knowledge of educational legislation, trends, developments, and resources.
Admissions Counselor Requirements:
- Experience in school/college admissions be preferred.
- Familiarity with school, college and university programs, majors, admissions requirements and processes, and scholarship and financial aid resources.
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and people reading skills.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized.
- Willingness to guide others and provide ongoing support as they make important decisions.