Location: Mahadevapura, Bengaluru - India
Experience: Should have 5 - years of experience.
Education Qualification - Post-Graduation with B.Ed.
B.Ed. is must
High school history teachers are responsible for more advanced and in-depth courses than their middle school counterparts. Because they generally teach students at different grade levels, high school teachers enjoy opportunities to expand their history curriculum and engage students at different levels.
- Plan and deliver lessons on the history of the United States and world for the day, week, semester and year to students, utilizing creative and engaging techniques
- Prepare academic materials, including homework assignments, syllabi and instructional handouts; report to the department chair monthly regarding the effectiveness of concepts
- Facilitate classroom discussions and encourage the participation of all students, incorporating relevant reading and current events
- Grade papers, tests and homework, monitoring progress and adapting lesson plans to meet students’ needs
- Assess individual strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of each student, addressing issues as needed
- Maintain working knowledge of state-set standardized tests and prepare students to take and pass each, instilling confidence in their capability to demonstrate knowledge gained during the school year
- Uphold clearly communicated rules and behavior expectations for a disciplined and inclusive classroom setting
- Communicate with parents when necessary regarding noteworthy achievements, academic challenges, special considerations or concerns you feel their child needs to succeed