Salary: 25,000 - 29,000
Location: Mahadevapura, Bengaluru - India
Experience: Should have 2 - years of experience.
Education Qualification - Graduation in Psychology with B.Ed.
Student Counselor Responsibilities:
- Listening to students' academic, emotional, social, and behavioral concerns in an open and nonjudgemental way.
- Working directly with students to develop solutions and set achievable goals.
- Assisting with conflict mediation and resolution between students, students and teachers, or parents and teachers to ensure students' goals are not disrupted.
- Providing one-on-one career guidance and skills assessment to assist with career development.
- Helping students to prepare for admissions applications and tests.
- Providing students with materials related to a career of their choice or career counseling to suit their skills.
- Developing, monitoring, and assisting with counseling programs.
- Offering referrals to outside resources, such as for mental health, substance abuse, or vocational-related activities.
- Reporting student issues to the appropriate state authorities if neglect or abuse is suspected.
Student Counselor Requirements:
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in counseling.
- Master's degree in counseling may be advantageous.
- Minimum of 2 years professional counseling experience, preferably in an educational field.
- Knowledge of placement testing and career, personal, and educational assessment.
- Experience with counseling principles, techniques, and practices as applied to students' problems and developmental needs.
- Excellent active listening and communication skills.
- Patient, friendly, and accommodating personality.
- Social perceptiveness and an understanding of body language.
- Excellent interpersonal and mediation skills.